Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Culture ID 2155 (0x086B) is not a supported culture for Windows 2003 , VS 2008 and MOSS 2007 environment

Couple of days back I was working on a Windows 2003 environment which had MOSS 2007 and Visual Studio 2008.
I was getting frequent memory dumps and some windows files got corrupted. Then the machine was recovered by repairing the OS.
However after that's done I was not able to build any SharePoint project with visual studio.

It kept on giving me this error.

"Invalid argument. Culture ID 2155 (0x086B) is not a supported culture"

I searched the net and wasted a whole Saturday on this and wasn't able to find a proper answer.
Most of the guys were saying that the issue is with the .net framework.

I repaired the .net framework
Reinstall the .net framework
Use .net framework cleanup tools
Uninstall VS
Uninstall MOSS2007

But nothing gave me the solution.

Then finally I found out that the issue was with the Windows Server 2003 Service Packs.

This issue is observed only in Windows Server 2003 SP1.

By installing the SP2 for Windows Server 2003 (32 bit is here, 64 bit is here ) I was able to fix the issue.





No comments:

Post a Comment